Carotenoids are fat-soluble pigments found primarily in plants, vegetables and fruits.
Virgin crude palm oil (Elaeis guineensis) is nature’s richest plant source of carotenoids in terms of retinol (vitamin A) equivalents. It contains about 15 to 300 times as many retinol equivalents as carrots, leafy green vegetables and tomatoes, which are considered to have significant quantities of pro-vitamin A activity. It is the carotenoid compounds that impart an orangey-red color to virgin crude palm oil.
Main Sources of Beta-Carotenes in the market
- Red palm oil – Mixture of alpha-, beta-, gamma-carotenes, and lycopene. The composition of palm mixed carotenes mirrors the carotenoids composition found in carrot.
- Algae – >96% of carotene composition is beta-carotene.
- Fungi / Fermentative – >98% of carotene composition is trans beta-carotene.
- Synthetic – 100% trans beta-carotene.
Our three categories of Palm Mixed-Carotene Complex are
- Eye Health
- Cardiovascular Health
- Women’s Health
- Multi Vitamin (as Source of Vitamin A)
- Skin Nutrition
Unique Attributes of EVTene™ Palm Mixed-Carotene
EVTene™ Mixed-Carotene Complex consists predominantly of alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, gamma-carotene, lycopene and small amount of other carotenoids commonly found in fruits and vegetables. Compared to other products in the market, Palm Carotenes has the highest ratio of alpha-carotene.
Alpha-carotene also possesses Pro-vitamin A activity. It often coexists with beta-carotene and can be detected in blood and various tissues. Prof. Lester Packer (University California Berkeley) showed that alpha-carotene is a more potent antioxidant than beta-carotene. Other studies have reported that alpha-carotene from virgin crude palm oil has potent inhibitory effects on the progression of certain types of cancer cells.